The microservices show off different features and modules used with Node. For example the URL shortener microservice works with a database. The file metadata microservice works with file uploads using Multer. And so on…
File metadata microservice
- A small microservice which reads a file you upload. It returns a json object containing the size of the file.
- It utilises the Multer module for file uploads.
- Has a max file size limit.
Image search microservice
- A small image search microservice. It accepts a query and optionally an offset, and returns image search results in a json response.
- Works with the Google Custom Search API, set for image search.
- It formats and filters the response from Google before sending a json response.
URL shortener microservice
- A microservice which accepts a website address and returns a shortened URL as a JSON response.
- Vising the shortened URL redirects to the original link.
- It includes error checking to ensure the URL is valid.
- It saves the shortened URLs in a database, so the shortened URL always remains active.
- Features no-conflict random generation of shortened URLs.
Request header parser microservice
- A microservice which parses some information from the HTTP request header and returns it in a JSON response.
- A microservice which accepts a date in the url and returns a JSON response with the unix timestamp and natural data, or null if the date is invalid.